drank Amaretto by Tea Desire

Sorta Sipdown (163/167)!

Sending this one off to 221Tea as well. I actually really enjoy it despite how low my rating is; the problem is that it’s super finicky and hard to get right – so good cups are, in my opinion, few and far between. I’m hoping she has an easier time with it though.

This cup was actually pretty good; the almond/amaretto was thick and strong and tread the line between sweet and bitter very well right up until the cup cooled down, but even then it only slightly took on a bitter edge. However, I also kept my steep time on this short: 1 and a half minutes.

So that’s my parting advice to you 221Tea – if you want more good cups than bad cups don’t let your steep time go over two minutes! If you keep things nice and short this can be a really lovely, marzipan like dessert tea. And who doesn’t want that, right?

Oooooh! I look forward to it! Thanks for the advice!

Oooooh! I look forward to it! Thanks for the advice!

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada