Sipdown (193/197)!

This is one of the many samples I received in the mail today from who other than VariaTEA – leave it to her to not only shower me with tea in general but with Nina’s Paris samples.

I wasn’t really sure how I’d react to this one: I’m not exactly the biggest fan of mangoes or mango flavoured things. However, the dry leaf of this smelled incredibly juicy and rich in a very appetizing way so I figured I’d give it a shot. It definitely has a flavour very true to a mango and it’s pretty solidly good, especially considering I don’t like mango a whole lot to begin with. Oddly, I thought it tasted better the more it cooled down though: maybe that’s because there was a faintly floral quality to the hot cup in the end sip that I found less present cold.

VariaTEA sent me two sachets but given my mango aversion I think I’m going to share the tea wealth and send the last one to 221Tea. While I thought this cup was surprisingly good for my own personal tastes I think the one cup was enough to satisfy my curiosity.

PS. I really like this one’s name.

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers

221tea

I’m not gonna lie…every time I see my name in one of your posts, I do a mental happy dance. Brian and I both like mangoes! This just gets better and better!

Roswell Strange

Package #2 which I’m currently compiling will be coming to you in a box instead of a bubble mailer so I’m just trying to fill it up as much as possible ;) Doesn’t make sense to not fill it since I definitely have enough tea to fill it. Hope you enjoy :)

VariaTEA

Confession time: despite our many swaps, I had no idea you didn’t like mangoes. I shall make a mental note.

VariaTEA

Also, 221tea, I hope you like this one. It is from their Japan store :)

Roswell Strange

@VariaTEA – no worries; it’s definitely no where near my dislike of ginger or raisins ;)

221tea

I finished packing up your swap batch today :) I tried to give you enough to do 2 or 3 cups when I could. :) Hopefully it’s a good mix of teas you haven’t tried, which I feel is a difficult thing to do since you seem to have a TON of tea!

@VariaTEA…I cook with lots of mango in the summer, and we use them for smoothies also, so I am hoping it’s a hit! crossing my fingers

Roswell Strange

@221Tea – I remember when I first started swapping with VariaTEA I was super nervous I’d send her something she had already tried. Now I’m kinda just like “fuck it – she can pass it along to someone else or try it a different way”. So no worries; I’m sure that whatever you send will be put to good use in some way :)

Comments

221tea

VariaTEA

Also, 221tea, I hope you like this one. It is from their Japan store :)

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada