drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (192/196)!

Hooray for sipdown progress!

So, I grossly oversteeped this one. I set it up and had it steeping but was feeling icky and crampy so I sat down for what I told myself would just be “a few minutes” but I just distracted by a few things including a metric fuck ton of FB notifications, albeit delightful ones ;) Around 15 minutes later I remembered the tea! Oh no! I was sure it would be nasty and gross.

But, surprisingly, this is every bit as lovely as it was yesterday: light, buttery coconut and a pleasant black/white base combo with a really soothing affect. Now I’m even more crushed this is a sipdown and a discontinued blend. Obviously it can hold up quite well to some pretty significant user error, and that’s impressive.

With that new knowledge I’m increasing my rating a bit.

geee FB notifications hmm that’s straaaaaange… ROSWELL STRANGE!

I really love this one.

geee FB notifications hmm that’s straaaaaange… ROSWELL STRANGE!

I really love this one.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada