This generous matcha sample comes from the wonderful VariaTEA who not only sent me this one but a top up of Bananas and Cream as well. From the moment I pulled it out of the box I was dying to try it, though I was patient enough to wait until this morning to have it in some cold with with breakfast (don’t judge – but “breakfast” was a massive bowl of buttered popcorn).

VariaTEA compares this to a strawberry milkshake, and just let me say that she’s 100% accurate in that description. Seriously I can’t think of a closer comparison to anything else. I’m instantly in love with this one, and I will be stocking up.

Actually funny thing; payday is tomorrow and the plan is to place a Red Leaf order as well as a Red Bubble (T-Shirts) order – so when I say I’ll be stocking up we’re talking, like, tomorrow…

But seriously: mmmm!

Flavors: Berries, Cream, Vanilla

Marzipan

The good thing about tomorrow is there will be a new sample of the month too.

VariaTEA

Oh yay! I am glad you liked this. Our tea triplet Courtney was not a fan so I was worried but you enjoyed it so YAY!

Courtney

Aw sorry I am out of the loop with this one. I hope we all enjoy Banana & Cream at least. :)

Roswell Strange

Bananas & Cream is to die for as well. Actually I like it better – but only slightly. It makes a good matcha soda too.

Comments

Marzipan

The good thing about tomorrow is there will be a new sample of the month too.

VariaTEA

Courtney

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada