This generous matcha sample comes from the wonderful VariaTEA who not only sent me this one but a top up of Bananas and Cream as well. From the moment I pulled it out of the box I was dying to try it, though I was patient enough to wait until this morning to have it in some cold with with breakfast (don’t judge – but “breakfast” was a massive bowl of buttered popcorn).

VariaTEA compares this to a strawberry milkshake, and just let me say that she’s 100% accurate in that description. Seriously I can’t think of a closer comparison to anything else. I’m instantly in love with this one, and I will be stocking up.

Actually funny thing; payday is tomorrow and the plan is to place a Red Leaf order as well as a Red Bubble (T-Shirts) order – so when I say I’ll be stocking up we’re talking, like, tomorrow…

But seriously: mmmm!

Flavors: Berries, Cream, Vanilla

Marzipan

The good thing about tomorrow is there will be a new sample of the month too.

VariaTEA

Oh yay! I am glad you liked this. Our tea triplet Courtney was not a fan so I was worried but you enjoyed it so YAY!

Courtney

Aw sorry I am out of the loop with this one. I hope we all enjoy Banana & Cream at least. :)

Roswell Strange

Bananas & Cream is to die for as well. Actually I like it better – but only slightly. It makes a good matcha soda too.

Comments

Marzipan

The good thing about tomorrow is there will be a new sample of the month too.

VariaTEA

Courtney

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada