drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (190/194)!

Cold Brewed this baby and then took ’er to work today. I ended up doing some extensive labour work for a few hours during my shift (transporting freight across the warehouse, moving the metal shelving units around, etc.) so I was pretty exhausted and definitely in need of something cold to drink up.

There was something really off about this one though, and it took me a really long time to be able to place what. In addition to the typical melon bubblegummyness of it there was a very strong and powerful taste of cinnamon. I clean my thermos out thoroughly every night and neither the last tea in the thermos or in my mason jar were cinnamon teas so the contamination issue must have come from somewhere else.

It was really frustrating: this is not the final note I wanted to finish the tea on and not what I was looking forward to either: this is a discontinued blend and I might not get a chance to have it again – I was saving the final cold brew for a perfectly “Spring” day, and that’s exactly what today was. Argh!

Work in general was frustrating though: I feel like The Witch only assigns the hard labour tasks to me – I’ve never seen any other employee have to do as much hard labor as I do with the possible exception of our Assistant Manager Val. On top of that, she fired 10 more people and cut everyone’s hours but hers/Val’s (their hours actually increased). It kills me every time I have to say goodbye to more friends and coworkers – this time especially since our previous manager had promised the cuts were done.

On top of that one of the people cut was a fellow keyholder named Hazel: we trained together and are very close. I’m going to miss her a lot and I know she’s going to be devastated: she was relying on this job so much to support herself after immigrating and divorcing her husband.

Fuck.

VariaTEA

That sucks about the cuts. I am really sorry that keeps happening :(

Comments

VariaTEA

That sucks about the cuts. I am really sorry that keeps happening :(

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada