drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (190/194)!

Cold Brewed this baby and then took ’er to work today. I ended up doing some extensive labour work for a few hours during my shift (transporting freight across the warehouse, moving the metal shelving units around, etc.) so I was pretty exhausted and definitely in need of something cold to drink up.

There was something really off about this one though, and it took me a really long time to be able to place what. In addition to the typical melon bubblegummyness of it there was a very strong and powerful taste of cinnamon. I clean my thermos out thoroughly every night and neither the last tea in the thermos or in my mason jar were cinnamon teas so the contamination issue must have come from somewhere else.

It was really frustrating: this is not the final note I wanted to finish the tea on and not what I was looking forward to either: this is a discontinued blend and I might not get a chance to have it again – I was saving the final cold brew for a perfectly “Spring” day, and that’s exactly what today was. Argh!

Work in general was frustrating though: I feel like The Witch only assigns the hard labour tasks to me – I’ve never seen any other employee have to do as much hard labor as I do with the possible exception of our Assistant Manager Val. On top of that, she fired 10 more people and cut everyone’s hours but hers/Val’s (their hours actually increased). It kills me every time I have to say goodbye to more friends and coworkers – this time especially since our previous manager had promised the cuts were done.

On top of that one of the people cut was a fellow keyholder named Hazel: we trained together and are very close. I’m going to miss her a lot and I know she’s going to be devastated: she was relying on this job so much to support herself after immigrating and divorcing her husband.

Fuck.

VariaTEA

That sucks about the cuts. I am really sorry that keeps happening :(

Comments

VariaTEA

That sucks about the cuts. I am really sorry that keeps happening :(

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada