drank Lychee by Lupicia

Sipdown (187/191)!

I was feeling very ambitious this evening so I not only made more than one evening tea I actually did some “almost” cooking! Hooray! So supper tonight is a Cheese/Pineapple Quesadilla and a cup of this, a cup of 52Tea’s Strawberry Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha, and a Vodka Pina Colada. Mmmm, yummy!

This sample comes from VariaTEA! And, it’s really, really good! The lychee is very juicy which was a pleasant surprise because I couldn’t really smell the lychee on the dry leaf at all. I thought it was going to be weak and flavourless. This is maybe a bit more floral than other lychee blacks I’ve experienced but the malty black base counterbalances it enough for that not to bother me.

Ultimately, I am glad it’s just a one cup sample though: it’s about as good as the RiverTea Lychee Black blend that I have stocked up so it would be redundant to have them both around. But yeah; this is awesome and people who like lychee should totally try it!

The sample came from Kat_Maria but I thought you would appreciate it so I wanted to share.

Roswell Strange

Well thanks to you both! :)

Roswell Strange

Well thanks to you both! :)

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada