drank Lychee by Lupicia

Sipdown (187/191)!

I was feeling very ambitious this evening so I not only made more than one evening tea I actually did some “almost” cooking! Hooray! So supper tonight is a Cheese/Pineapple Quesadilla and a cup of this, a cup of 52Tea’s Strawberry Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha, and a Vodka Pina Colada. Mmmm, yummy!

This sample comes from VariaTEA! And, it’s really, really good! The lychee is very juicy which was a pleasant surprise because I couldn’t really smell the lychee on the dry leaf at all. I thought it was going to be weak and flavourless. This is maybe a bit more floral than other lychee blacks I’ve experienced but the malty black base counterbalances it enough for that not to bother me.

Ultimately, I am glad it’s just a one cup sample though: it’s about as good as the RiverTea Lychee Black blend that I have stocked up so it would be redundant to have them both around. But yeah; this is awesome and people who like lychee should totally try it!

VariaTEA

The sample came from Kat_Maria but I thought you would appreciate it so I wanted to share.

Roswell Strange

Well thanks to you both! :)

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Well thanks to you both! :)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada