Sipdown (184/188)!

So in addition to placing my Red Leaf order tonight I also placed a small 52Teas order. I had cold brewed this to take to work with me during the day so I could decide by tonight whether I’d want to include it in the order.

I sipped on it all morning, including before work on a trip to the post office where I mailed off some tea samples to VariaTEA so I could laugh at her as her cupboard balloons up even more. I admit; I may have taken advantage of her a little and sent some samples of things she’s probably tried but I wasn’t 100% sure about. They were DT blends I wanted to get rid of: by sending them to her I got in one extra “sipdown” (I don’t think it really counts though because I cheated). Goodbye Pure Chai, which DT sent me as a freebie sample in an online order. You were never wanted!

This tea was kind of solidly average. As a cold brew it had a light generic melon taste that maybe leaned towards candy watermelons. It was a touch weak though and not a big enough stand apart for me to want it in addition to be both white melon blends from Butiki which I also have stocked. So it didn’t make it into my order (which was Passionfruit Banana, Caramel Apple Oolong, and Hindbaersnitter White).

I’d still recommend trying it if you get the chance, though!

Flavors: Melon

VariaTEA

Haha. I have stopped checking if you tried things tbh. I just send stuff that either (a) I think you would like, (b) I think you should try, or © small sample of stuff I sorta want to get rid of but feel bad throwing out. Realistically, I expect you do the same so I am not surprised when I get random stuff I have tried before.

Also, those are some tasty 52 teas your ordered. I was debating about the Caramel Apple Honeybush but have decided to resist. Hope you enjoy them all!

Roswell Strange

Most of the time I make an effort to send stuff you’ve either never had or that I know you’ve had but really enjoy. Hopefully I’m not sending stuff you’ve had but disliked. I also added some matchas you’ve yet to try though: Coconut and Peppermint. So you have two packages incoming from me right now.

VariaTEA

I am fearful for my cupboard. Especially since I have not been able to drink as much tea lately and because I have a huge teabox here which means my tea cupboard is being left untouched. Also, today was a sipdown Saturday with no sipdowns so I plan on having sipdown Sunday instead.

Also, I try to make sure the stuff I am sending is not stuff you have tried and knowingly dislike. That would just be cruel.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada