Sipdown (184/188)!

So in addition to placing my Red Leaf order tonight I also placed a small 52Teas order. I had cold brewed this to take to work with me during the day so I could decide by tonight whether I’d want to include it in the order.

I sipped on it all morning, including before work on a trip to the post office where I mailed off some tea samples to VariaTEA so I could laugh at her as her cupboard balloons up even more. I admit; I may have taken advantage of her a little and sent some samples of things she’s probably tried but I wasn’t 100% sure about. They were DT blends I wanted to get rid of: by sending them to her I got in one extra “sipdown” (I don’t think it really counts though because I cheated). Goodbye Pure Chai, which DT sent me as a freebie sample in an online order. You were never wanted!

This tea was kind of solidly average. As a cold brew it had a light generic melon taste that maybe leaned towards candy watermelons. It was a touch weak though and not a big enough stand apart for me to want it in addition to be both white melon blends from Butiki which I also have stocked. So it didn’t make it into my order (which was Passionfruit Banana, Caramel Apple Oolong, and Hindbaersnitter White).

I’d still recommend trying it if you get the chance, though!

Flavors: Melon

VariaTEA

Haha. I have stopped checking if you tried things tbh. I just send stuff that either (a) I think you would like, (b) I think you should try, or © small sample of stuff I sorta want to get rid of but feel bad throwing out. Realistically, I expect you do the same so I am not surprised when I get random stuff I have tried before.

Also, those are some tasty 52 teas your ordered. I was debating about the Caramel Apple Honeybush but have decided to resist. Hope you enjoy them all!

Roswell Strange

Most of the time I make an effort to send stuff you’ve either never had or that I know you’ve had but really enjoy. Hopefully I’m not sending stuff you’ve had but disliked. I also added some matchas you’ve yet to try though: Coconut and Peppermint. So you have two packages incoming from me right now.

VariaTEA

I am fearful for my cupboard. Especially since I have not been able to drink as much tea lately and because I have a huge teabox here which means my tea cupboard is being left untouched. Also, today was a sipdown Saturday with no sipdowns so I plan on having sipdown Sunday instead.

Also, I try to make sure the stuff I am sending is not stuff you have tried and knowingly dislike. That would just be cruel.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada