Sipdown (182/186)!

Long, lost forgotten sample from the super kind Lala back from early/mid January when we met up for tea together. I probably only forgot about this because it’s a green blend. Recently rediscovered/remembered it, however, and so I saved the sample and stuck it in the sipdown drawer.

I debated going hot or cold but ultimately cold won out because I knew that would use it up all at once. Maybe cold was the wrong direction though because this cold brew is pretty foul. Maybe it’s the hops or maybe it’s just the green base in general but this tastes like some kind of slimy seaweed coated fruit. I feel like it should be vibrant green and gooey…

However I drank the whole dang 20 oz. of it! I had a very long (10 hours), stressful shift and I wasn’t allowed to leave the store for all of it (for several reasons, but the main one being I was the only member from the management team present so I couldn’t abandon my sole cashier for the day – if she got stuck or needed cash/to void something there would be no one there to do it) so I made due with what I had available to me – even if it was just slimy, seaweed fruit tea.

Sorry Lala – but I just don’t appreciate this blend (even though I more than appreciate your generosity). Happiness is not Hoppiness.

Caleb Brown

Roswell, I’m super happy you were adventurous enough to try this brew…and drink all of it! That being said, I’m very sad to hear you didn’t enjoy it. I think this tea was a polarizing blend in general however, I think part of your negative experience had to do with the age of the tea. There were fresh hops in Happiness is Hoppiness which were only good for about 4 months. This blend is from April 2013. I do think I should have been more clear about that on the packaging in retrospect. Again, super sad you didn’t enjoy it but I absolutely understand. If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me here: [email protected]

VariaTEA

At least the name is fun :P

Roswell Strange

@Caleb Brown – more than likely it was just the green tea in general: I’m not usually a fan. However this was still definitely worth trying and I’m glad I did :)

Lala

Sorry you didn’t like it. But that is ok, you can’t like every tea that is out there :)

Comments

Caleb Brown

VariaTEA

At least the name is fun :P

Roswell Strange

Lala

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada