drank Magicienne by Nina's Paris

Sipdown (178/182)!

Oh man, this tea really shocked me.

I cold brewed it for about eight hours and I brought it to work with me today. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to like it because A) it’s green and B) I’ve had another Pineapple/Coconut tea from Nina’s Paris and it really disappointed me so I expected this to be like that but with a different base – a base that I happen to really not like. So, it didn’t sound promising at all.

I was really taken aback when I tried it though: you could tell it was a green blend because the vegetal quality came through fairly strong but it really worked with the fresh tangy, and just overwhelmingly sweet and juicy quality of the pineapple. I don’t know if it’s even possible with pineapple – but it felt like “fresh squeezed” pineapple juice. How do you even go about squeezing a pineapple? Huh!?

And then, the coconut was very tropical in the same way that I found DT’s Coconut Grove was – and that of course suited the pineapple (hello, “Pina Colada” – the two are a natural pairing) but I was surprised how well it suited the green tea too. And thankfully, it was not disgustingly buttery in taste/mouthfeel like Nina’s blend Cancer was.

I felt like this tea pulled me out of my miserable work day and set me on some fun, tropical beach with a cup of this in my hand in a fancy martini glass type thing with a fun paper umbrella and brightly striped bendy straw! I’m so sad that this one is gone now!

Thanks a million VariaTEA for the sample! I was so happy to be proven wrong about that I thought this would be like; and it was a great reminded too of why I really loving doing swaps: sometimes you find that really special gem of tea that you wouldn’t want to try otherwise.

I’d definitely order this.

Yay! I am glad this one was successful in light of the Cancer fiasco

Yay! I am glad this one was successful in light of the Cancer fiasco

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada