Sipdown (173/177)!

Well, goodbye custom blend! I didn’t realize that drinking you this afternoon would be a sipdown but that’s ok – I think we’ve run our course.

Today I had this one hot and I think looking back on it that was the better way to drink this one: it felt less, and I know this isn’t the right word but I think it’s close enough, “musty”. The bergamot was mild but present and the right was just light citrus and berries with a sort of tingly feel on the tongue in the end sip.

It was definitely a great way to re-purpose three blends that I wasn’t a fan of to begin with, so cheers for that. Now I’ve freed up another tin though – so I think after it finishes air drying (I washed it out because the bergamot was very strong smelling and I didn’t want it tainting anything going in here) I’ll be moving Ombrelle de Papier out of its bag into the tin. That should help make some room in the “white tea” section of my tea storage closet for when my 52Teas order arrives (I have two pouches of white tea incoming).

Hooray! Lots of tea drinking progress today!

VariaTEA

I used polident tablets to clean out my tins and it got rid of the scent pretty well.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada