Sipdown (173/177)!

Well, goodbye custom blend! I didn’t realize that drinking you this afternoon would be a sipdown but that’s ok – I think we’ve run our course.

Today I had this one hot and I think looking back on it that was the better way to drink this one: it felt less, and I know this isn’t the right word but I think it’s close enough, “musty”. The bergamot was mild but present and the right was just light citrus and berries with a sort of tingly feel on the tongue in the end sip.

It was definitely a great way to re-purpose three blends that I wasn’t a fan of to begin with, so cheers for that. Now I’ve freed up another tin though – so I think after it finishes air drying (I washed it out because the bergamot was very strong smelling and I didn’t want it tainting anything going in here) I’ll be moving Ombrelle de Papier out of its bag into the tin. That should help make some room in the “white tea” section of my tea storage closet for when my 52Teas order arrives (I have two pouches of white tea incoming).

Hooray! Lots of tea drinking progress today!

I used polident tablets to clean out my tins and it got rid of the scent pretty well.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada