drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

Sipdown (170/174)!

In an effort to finish this guy off tonight I doubled up on the recommended leaf and used a slightly larger mug; I also added some milk. This is very good and hitting all the right notes tonight with the potent strawberry flavour and lovely black base.

I can’t believe my first experience with this one was so negative! Or rather I should say the circumstances surrounding when I drank the tea were really negative. I remember it being right around Christmas time and I had made myself this massive “breakfast at night” kind of meal with this huge plate of scrambled eggs and a mug of this. And then just minutes after finishing the eggs and this tea I got violently sick and threw everything up…

I thought that I would never not associate this tea with that circumstance; but thankfully even though that was a really unpleasant memory I’ve been able to enjoy pretty much every single cup of this since! Right now I’m all “Ruby Pie”ed out though so I’m glad this is a sipdown and I can spend some time apart from this blend. I know I’ll come back to it eventually though! It’s too good not to ;)

Courtney

That can totally ruin something for you. I made the mistake of eating one of the animal crackers from the dry tea one time. The dry flavouring on the tea turned my stomach so much I avoided this one for months. Thank goodness I got over it. And yay for you enjoying it now too!

whatshesaid

Glad I’m not the only weirdo who picks things out of the steeped tea blends to eat….haha. Like the pecans out of maple pecan oolong

This ruby pie is on my must try list! Next time, Butiki, next time

Scheherazade

I ate one of the bunny grahams, too, just out of curiosity. It had much the same effect on me, and I haven’t enjoyed any of my cups quite so much since! I guess I’ll come back to it eventually :)

whatshesaid

Ohh wait, I’m the weirdo who eats things out of the wet tea leaves, you guys are smart enough to do it ahead of time, haha.

Though I won’t be eating those cookie bits anytime soon I guess!

Comments

Courtney

This ruby pie is on my must try list! Next time, Butiki, next time

Scheherazade

whatshesaid

Though I won’t be eating those cookie bits anytime soon I guess!

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada