drank Sweet Love by Kusmi Tea

Sipdown (190/195)!

Didn’t log my two evening teas last night because I was watching the BIG BROTHER CANADA TWO FINALE! And then, after watching it I had so many feels and was in a very distraught place and I couldn’t bring myself to write more tasting notes…

Jon won; and rightly so – out of the two final houseguests he had played the better game by far. But I couldn’t fathom how Neda got left in third place! Urghhh! She played the best game this season, in my opinion, without doubt – and she wanted to win so much more than either of the two sitting in the final chairs. She was also my favourite (along with Jon) this season – I could have accepted (maybe not agreed with, but accepted) if she had lost to Jon; but the fact Slobrina beat her crushes me.

Gah.

But yeah, thanks VariaTEA for the sample (that it feels like you sent ages ago; my bad) – I put it off because it’s a chai and I was feeling sorta meh about it, but now that I’ve had it I was actually very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I know exactly why too, haha. It’s the licorice: I hadn’t looked at the ingredients for this prior to having it, but man does it have licorice in it.

I couldn’t taste anything but! Awesome for a licorice fan like me, not so much for a non-licorice lover…

So long Sweet Love; you were a pleasant surprise but not a big enough one for me to really want you again either.

VariaTEA

This is why I sent it to you – the thing you liked (the licorice) was the part I hated and consequently, I thought you would appreciate it more than me.

Roswell Strange

And you were correct :P

VariaTEA

This is why many times I don’t feel bad for sending you teas that I dumped out. Except in the case of Crazy Caramel Popcorn, that I felt bad about but needed to know if I was insane or not for tasting soy sauce.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

And you were correct :P

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada