drank Sweet Love by Kusmi Tea

Sipdown (190/195)!

Didn’t log my two evening teas last night because I was watching the BIG BROTHER CANADA TWO FINALE! And then, after watching it I had so many feels and was in a very distraught place and I couldn’t bring myself to write more tasting notes…

Jon won; and rightly so – out of the two final houseguests he had played the better game by far. But I couldn’t fathom how Neda got left in third place! Urghhh! She played the best game this season, in my opinion, without doubt – and she wanted to win so much more than either of the two sitting in the final chairs. She was also my favourite (along with Jon) this season – I could have accepted (maybe not agreed with, but accepted) if she had lost to Jon; but the fact Slobrina beat her crushes me.

Gah.

But yeah, thanks VariaTEA for the sample (that it feels like you sent ages ago; my bad) – I put it off because it’s a chai and I was feeling sorta meh about it, but now that I’ve had it I was actually very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I know exactly why too, haha. It’s the licorice: I hadn’t looked at the ingredients for this prior to having it, but man does it have licorice in it.

I couldn’t taste anything but! Awesome for a licorice fan like me, not so much for a non-licorice lover…

So long Sweet Love; you were a pleasant surprise but not a big enough one for me to really want you again either.

VariaTEA

This is why I sent it to you – the thing you liked (the licorice) was the part I hated and consequently, I thought you would appreciate it more than me.

Roswell Strange

And you were correct :P

VariaTEA

This is why many times I don’t feel bad for sending you teas that I dumped out. Except in the case of Crazy Caramel Popcorn, that I felt bad about but needed to know if I was insane or not for tasting soy sauce.

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

And you were correct :P

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada