Morning… Tea? Can I even call it that? Heh, I’ll explain…

I still haven’t had this in milk yet – but I have developed this weird habit where I take a pinch of the matcha straight and just eat it like that. Yup; straight, plain matcha for a morning, uh, breath freshner? I don’t know; this one is really good just straight: it’s SO flavourful and I adore mint…

Hard to resist. Maybe I’ll actually have it in milk tomorrow before I eat all of it.

TeaNecromancer

Minty matcha…I am having the hardest time picturing what that would taste like!

3 Leaf Tea

I ordered the mint matcha, and I couldn’t resist trying it from the bag and I do the same thing! Haha

Stephanie

blech! I mean, sounds awesome in theory but I don’t think I could eat matcha straight, myself :) is it not chalky that way?

Comments

TeaNecromancer

Minty matcha…I am having the hardest time picturing what that would taste like!

3 Leaf Tea

Stephanie

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada