drank Bananas Foster by 52teas

Sipdown (187/192)!

EDIT: Sipdown (186/191)! I did a sweep through my cupboard looking for things to cold brew, and found another 52Teas blend I finished a ways back but never actually removed! Hooray for a slightly smaller cupboard!

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample! I think I’m still beating you in cupboard size, but only just. Gonna have to work on that tomorrow with my day off. I know I have a few easy sipdowns waiting for me.

I have to go in to work tomorrow on my day off because I was stupid and left my cell phone there. Urhg. I just wanted to lounge around the house and not do things; and now I have to go see my stupid manager who’ll probably be pissed the store was left so messy (but really it’s her fault for short handing me and giving me an inexperienced closer for the shift…). Bleck.

I brought this guy with to work today, but didn’t get to drink him until the bus ride home because it was so busy that I didn’t get to take any breaks during my seven and a half hour shift. Bleck. WE NEED MORE EMPLOYEES IN THE EVENING. Two people does not an efficient closing team make.

But the tea; it was kinda… Mediocre? Really there weren’t any overwhelming negative or positive flavors. A little bit of banana and maybe the faintest hint of rum or caramel? And as for the usually very powerful and astringent black base Frank uses: really well behaved and muted…

I feel like in the long run this will be one of those teas that just doesn’t make any kind of impression on me; and that’s ok – it makes me feel better about not buying it when I had the chance to.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada