Cold Brewed this lovely baby, and having it first thing this “morning” (it’s technically afternoon, but I just got up…). Cold Brew time is right around the fifteen hour mark, I do believe.

At first, I thought I really, really enjoyed this and I was doing mental tallies of “well, if I sipdown Sweet Strawberry I can put this in the same DT tin and fill it up, but not take up more closet space – or what about if I just get 50g of it in the baggie? That wont use up a lot of room, but is it enough to keep cold brewing it?”. Basically I was willing to invest some time and cupboard space for this one.

But, about halfway into my mason jar I started getting a really not so yummy taste on my mouth: almost soapy. All the originally fun, tropical but not citrus flavours were building up and getting way too intense! Maybe 25 oz. of this one is just too much. Regardless, it has me rethinking whether or not I want to pick up a large amount of this. I mean, I’ve still yet to have it hot and I’d like to; so perhaps that will end up being the deciding factor.

Anyway; I want to try and describe the flavours from before it got gross! I’ve never had a jackfruit, and the last time I had a Starfruit was probably years ago – so basically I’d describe this as a jumble of mango, pear, papaya, banana, and apple? Anyway: very fruity and exotic, but still in a somewhat comforting “familiar” way. Even if you don’t know the flavours of starfruit or jackfruit you can associate them with other flavours you do know.

VariaTEA

I totally know what you are talking about with the soapy taste. I think it is the white base that shows up as the fruity flavors subside.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada