Cold Brewed this lovely baby, and having it first thing this “morning” (it’s technically afternoon, but I just got up…). Cold Brew time is right around the fifteen hour mark, I do believe.

At first, I thought I really, really enjoyed this and I was doing mental tallies of “well, if I sipdown Sweet Strawberry I can put this in the same DT tin and fill it up, but not take up more closet space – or what about if I just get 50g of it in the baggie? That wont use up a lot of room, but is it enough to keep cold brewing it?”. Basically I was willing to invest some time and cupboard space for this one.

But, about halfway into my mason jar I started getting a really not so yummy taste on my mouth: almost soapy. All the originally fun, tropical but not citrus flavours were building up and getting way too intense! Maybe 25 oz. of this one is just too much. Regardless, it has me rethinking whether or not I want to pick up a large amount of this. I mean, I’ve still yet to have it hot and I’d like to; so perhaps that will end up being the deciding factor.

Anyway; I want to try and describe the flavours from before it got gross! I’ve never had a jackfruit, and the last time I had a Starfruit was probably years ago – so basically I’d describe this as a jumble of mango, pear, papaya, banana, and apple? Anyway: very fruity and exotic, but still in a somewhat comforting “familiar” way. Even if you don’t know the flavours of starfruit or jackfruit you can associate them with other flavours you do know.

VariaTEA

I totally know what you are talking about with the soapy taste. I think it is the white base that shows up as the fruity flavors subside.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada