Cold Brewed this lovely baby, and having it first thing this “morning” (it’s technically afternoon, but I just got up…). Cold Brew time is right around the fifteen hour mark, I do believe.

At first, I thought I really, really enjoyed this and I was doing mental tallies of “well, if I sipdown Sweet Strawberry I can put this in the same DT tin and fill it up, but not take up more closet space – or what about if I just get 50g of it in the baggie? That wont use up a lot of room, but is it enough to keep cold brewing it?”. Basically I was willing to invest some time and cupboard space for this one.

But, about halfway into my mason jar I started getting a really not so yummy taste on my mouth: almost soapy. All the originally fun, tropical but not citrus flavours were building up and getting way too intense! Maybe 25 oz. of this one is just too much. Regardless, it has me rethinking whether or not I want to pick up a large amount of this. I mean, I’ve still yet to have it hot and I’d like to; so perhaps that will end up being the deciding factor.

Anyway; I want to try and describe the flavours from before it got gross! I’ve never had a jackfruit, and the last time I had a Starfruit was probably years ago – so basically I’d describe this as a jumble of mango, pear, papaya, banana, and apple? Anyway: very fruity and exotic, but still in a somewhat comforting “familiar” way. Even if you don’t know the flavours of starfruit or jackfruit you can associate them with other flavours you do know.

I totally know what you are talking about with the soapy taste. I think it is the white base that shows up as the fruity flavors subside.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada