Thank you 221tea for the very generous Genmaicha sample! I feel like I’ve had so many different Genmaicha blends from 52Teas but I am always excited to try another: and this one was on my wishlist anyway, so…

Sadly, I don’t think it quite lives up to the name which is very sad because it smells like it should: intense creamy aroma and a distinct nuttiness. But now, steeped up it’s more just a really creamy Genmaicha with maybe the lightest touch of nuttiness? And I mean touch: like someone gently laying just a finger on you in a way that’s so light you’re not really sure they really did or if you imagined it. It’s possible I just want this to be nutty so badly that I’m willing it to taste slightly nutty.

But, that said – I have plenty more to burn through so I’ll play around and hopefully I can push out any nut flavour this does have hiding in the leaves…

Flavors: Cream

Courtney

I’m always so tempted by the 52Teas genmaichas, but I’m afraid of this exact situation, or the other extreme where it seems chemically.

Comments

Courtney

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada