Thank you 221tea for the very generous Genmaicha sample! I feel like I’ve had so many different Genmaicha blends from 52Teas but I am always excited to try another: and this one was on my wishlist anyway, so…

Sadly, I don’t think it quite lives up to the name which is very sad because it smells like it should: intense creamy aroma and a distinct nuttiness. But now, steeped up it’s more just a really creamy Genmaicha with maybe the lightest touch of nuttiness? And I mean touch: like someone gently laying just a finger on you in a way that’s so light you’re not really sure they really did or if you imagined it. It’s possible I just want this to be nutty so badly that I’m willing it to taste slightly nutty.

But, that said – I have plenty more to burn through so I’ll play around and hopefully I can push out any nut flavour this does have hiding in the leaves…

Flavors: Cream

Courtney

I’m always so tempted by the 52Teas genmaichas, but I’m afraid of this exact situation, or the other extreme where it seems chemically.

Comments

Courtney

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada