drank Cha Yen Thai by Teavana

So I have lots of this because I received it from both VariaTEA and 221tea and I wasn’t sure what to do with it or where to start, so when I smelled it and thought it was kinda fruity I figured I’d cold brew the portion from VariaTEA and hope for the best.

I brought it to work and I could not resist going back to the staff room and drinking it when I should have been working and doing stock or other stuff. I thought it was really delicious! I should note; at this point I had not looked up the ingredients and I had no idea what was in it.

If I’d had to guess I would have listed things like: cinnamon, coconut, pineapple, apple, caramel, vanilla…

Now that I am looking at the list I’m not too far off on some things: there is coconut and pineapple (probably why I liked it so much) but ginger and star anise? Never would have guessed that, and I’m standing by those caramel and vanilla dessert type notes!

Honestly, I look forward to finishing this up (probably as a cold brew) but while it was really good I don’t know if the hassle of dealing with Teavana is worth seeking out more of this (just like how I feel about Caramel Almond Amaretti) so it’s probably not a restock…

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Vanilla

Anna

Maybe I should start offering my services as a Teavana Store Buffer. I’d distract the staff and everyone could shop in peace.

carol who

LOL! Good plan. Will you go to each store in the chain in a certain sequence or just on demand? We could have a Traveling Teavana Buffer!

Comments

Anna

carol who

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada