drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

From VariaTEA! This was on my wishlist and she was super kind and thoughtful and sent some my way for me to try. Today I made it in a timolino and brought it to work for a little additional “energy boost”.

For prep, I generously leafed this (because I tend to like my mate/guayusa really strong) and let it steep around three and a half to four minutes.

And… I thought this was very weak and watery tasting. Malted? Not even close. Chocolate? Well, sorta. It was like someone took chocolate milk syrup and squirted a little bit into a cup of hot water. Definitely not right. I’m so disappointed!

However for now I’m going to give this one the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe it’s just one of those blends that doesn’t fair well in a timolino. I have one more cup left, so I’ll be sure to prepare it at home under different conditions. In the mean time I’ll hold off on rating this and hope for a better cup in the future…

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada