I’ve been working so hard at drinking only teas I’m working towards sipping down that I decided today to reward myself with another tea that I’m not aiming to sipdown any time soon; I just wanted it because I wanted it. So I made this in a timolino with some milk and it was awesome!

I need to start drinking the teas in my cupboard again and just having what I want to have; I miss some of my blends! But I don’t feel like I’ve earned it, heh. I think once I’m down to 150 I’ll let myself drink non-sipdown teas again. This “cheat” was awesome though.

Creamy, sweet cinnamon hot chocolate with a mate energy burst! Mmm! And, I see that this is on the DT website again, so maybe I can stop hoarding?

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada