Sipdown (165/171)!

From the fabulous VariaTEA. Upon smelling the dry leaf I knew that a cold brew was the way to go with this one: it smelled like Grape Smelly Markers or Grape Kool Aid, and to me that’s not a flavour you have hot.

So I drank this last night while watching and crying over The 100: it was sweet and tasty in an obviously candy-like, artificial way but I liked that quality of it – probably because I like fake grape flavours to begin with (because they’re not “raisin-y”) and because the green base was well masked. If you were hoping for a natural grape flavour this probably wouldn’t be the best blend for you, though.

It was a nice one shot cold brew that I’ll probably remember fondly; but not something I feel at all compelled to seek out again, which is probably good because this guy’s a Limited Edition blend and I think most stores are out of it by now.

Flavors: Grapes, Sugar

VariaTEA

Hahah I thought you were saying The 100 was sweet and candy like and I was like “we are obviously not watching the same show” :P

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada