Today was eventful: I managed to get my schedule wrong, so I showed up for work an hour early and had to wander aimlessly through the mall to kill time. I did look in a few shops I probably wouldn’t have otherwise though, and I found some kinda neat – albeit very plain – mugs which would maybe be cool to add to my collection. One was a burnt orange clay mug with a very nice rustic look, and the other was a matte Robin’s Egg Blue; might get those on payday. They were about $5 each which is pretty affordable.

Eventually though I migrated back to the store and brewed myself up a mug of this (in my not so nice Dollarama Mug: and by Dollarama Mug I mean a mug with the Dollarama logo on it…) using the tea supplies I keep at work. It was nice: I bring tea to work every day but haven’t taken the time to make any at work in a few weeks.

This was all banana no butterscotch today; but I’m not complaining! It was really the banana flavour I was after, anyway. I should drink this more; I think it’s one of the few black 52Teas blends that doesn’t get drowned out by the base – and that’s ’cause Frank does banana so damn well. And I have a pouch at home and at work so…

Flavors: banana

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada