drank Frankenberry by 52teas

Sipdown (166/172)!

I christened my new Adeline Poppy mug with this one today before work! I brought the whole sample from VariaTEA along with me and since I had a bunch of time before I started my shift I took major advantage of my tea set up at work to brew some proper tea. All my coworkers “oo-ed” and “ah-ed” at the perdy new mug. It’s much nicer than all the shitty white mugs with the “Dollarama” logo on them that we all use…

So this new mug is pretty big; at least 12 oz. but I’m thinking it’s actually more like 16, so I ended up using the whole sample from VariaTEA for the whole mug. Hooray for teaware lending itself to faster sipdowns!

Taste wise, I thought this was pleasant enough but not breath taking or anything overly unique: the 52Teas black base was really present at first but as this cooled down it settled into the background and I got more of the strawberry flavour. The marshmallow root didn’t add a lot. Actually it was hardly noticeable to me. More so the malt stood out and this was a somewhat weird “malty strawberry”.

Definitely wouldn’t restock and I think if I received it again in a swap I’d just pass it on to someone else, but I’d probably drink it again if it was served to me. Like I said, it wasn’t bad.

Flavors: Astringent, Malt, Strawberry

VariaTEA

I’m in the same boat you are but unfortunately I bought a bag of this. I think it will be tossed into the swap pile. That or I had a friend who seemed to enjoy it so I may just pass it on to her

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada