Sipdown (170/176)

So it appears whatshesaid and I are both embarking on our Firefly journey alongside one another as we both drink Adagio’s character inspired teas!

We also both had this one tonight, though I think I had a very different experience with it than she did. I should note that I added milk to my mug of it because once I saw it had Strawberries in the blend I thought this would be awesome with milk!

For me, I picked up heavy notes of strawberries and cream as well as notes of chocolate although they were more background notes. The hibby in this was really hard to detect for me; not that I’m complaining. Something about hibiscus and chocolate just doesn’t sound right to me. Drastically different from whatshesaid (and apparently everyone else who has reviewed this) is that I got a lot of licorice taste in this! Huh. I’m wondering if maybe there was some flavour contamination? Although I can’t think what possibly from. I don’t know; I thought it tasted good with the weird licorice notes, anyway.

This seems like a good blend for Kaylee; I like how flavourful and fun it is. Plus, I’m only on episode four and already they’ve focused on Kaylee eating strawberries twice. This tea kinda reminded me of her ruffle-y pink and white dress too which kinda looked like a strawberry and cream layer cake.

Anyway, pressure’s on to finish the series because I told Tyrell that if I finish it by Sunday I’ll start watching Game of Thrones with him, and he seemed really excited about that.

Next up I think will be one of the Tams or Captain Mal? I don’t know; I guess we’ll see tomorrow night. Thanks again VariaTEA for the sample! I liked this one better than Inara.

Flavors: Cream, Licorice, Strawberry

VariaTEA

GAME OF THRONES IS AWESOME!!! You are getting to experience some great television :)

whatshesaid

Sounds like you enjoyed it! The milk was probably a good idea.
I like your comparison to her frilly silly layer cake dress, I just watched that one actually :)

Comments

VariaTEA

whatshesaid

Sounds like you enjoyed it! The milk was probably a good idea.

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada