Sipdown (155/161)!

Damnit guys, many apologies to Cavocorax and Courtney; I’m not sure why but I seem to have the shittiest memory when it comes to blends I got from you two and I’m consistently unsure which one of you things are from. I have no clue why I confuse stuff sent from you both! I’m pretty sure this is a Courtney tea? But maybe not. And then, if this is from neither of you then super apologies to whoever it was from.

I put off having this because the dry leaf smelled like… Nothing.

Turns out that was a mistake; I’ve never had a Lemon/Caramel mixed blend but damn this was amazing! It was super rich, creamy lemon – definitely meringue like as promised! And the toffee? So good. Like, it was light handed but still very rich and sticky sweet. And the black base was very, very smooth! I was excited and in love the whole time! If I had to describe this one in a single word I think I’d pick “sexy”.

So this one…

On the wishlist, big time. I want more. Good thing I think I know someone who can get me some! Hehehe…

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Cream, Lemon, Pastries, Toffee

Anna

Cavocortnax.

Also yay! Glad to see you enjoying DF so much.

Roswell Strange

I swear it’s the "C"s and the fact my stuff from them came so close together that messes me up.

C is for cookie..it’s good enough to eat..

Comments

Anna

Cavocortnax.

Also yay! Glad to see you enjoying DF so much.

Roswell Strange

C is for cookie..it’s good enough to eat..

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada