Oh man, so the quest to try the weirdest/most ill advised tea pop today definitely went well. I had this one in mind when I went into the store and it’s what the sales associate suggested anyway so I went with this one.

Man does Lapsang stink; she opened the tin up to make it and the whole time all I could think was “I fucked up!”. And of course, if we’re gonna do a tea pop might as well do it “properly” so there was Agave in this too. She agreed this was/is the weirdest one she’s ever made for someone. If nothing else I felt like we both got a good story out of the experience.

I will say this; it was bad but not as bad as I expected it to be. It was kinda like drinking carbonated bacon or tobacco. Which is a very weird sensation. I think it should be obvious I didn’t finish it; but I did drink more than half of it and that seems like an accomplishment to me!

I felt a wee bit nauseous after it, but I think it was still worth it just to say I’d done it!

Flavors: Ash, Smoke, Tobacco

OMGsrsly

Carbonated bacon, huh? crosses that off the list

Roswell Strange

Yeah; don’t do it. I don’t recommend this to anyone.

Mikumofu

You are a brave soul! I don’t think I ever expected to see the phrase “carbonated bacon” anywhere…

Comments

OMGsrsly

Carbonated bacon, huh? crosses that off the list

Roswell Strange

Yeah; don’t do it. I don’t recommend this to anyone.

Mikumofu

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada