Sipdown (154/160)!

Thanks again Sil for this sample! I never did get to try out all my DF blends on Tuesday, and I still have one more left to get to but I made sure to do at least one today! Had I not gone out, I probably could have done the other but I’m happy with how things ended up.

I really like Caramel/Toffee so this one excited me a lot! Taste wise I thought it was very smooth and creamy with the faintest fruitiness to it, and I enjoyed sipping at it very slowly. In fact, I sipped at it so slowly that I still had a third of the cup left by the time it was ice cold – and it was still amazing! Seriously, I could see a bunch of tea dust in the bottom of the mug, but yet it did not go bitter. That’s impressive to me.

So I like this as a nice, straight forward and smooth Caramel Black option but I don’t think I’d need this in any kind of quantity because there are always more available black caramel teas that taste pretty well as good as this does. Definitely wouldn’t turn down a cup of it if offered though! This blend was smooth!

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Vanilla

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada