Sipdown (154/160)!

Thanks again Sil for this sample! I never did get to try out all my DF blends on Tuesday, and I still have one more left to get to but I made sure to do at least one today! Had I not gone out, I probably could have done the other but I’m happy with how things ended up.

I really like Caramel/Toffee so this one excited me a lot! Taste wise I thought it was very smooth and creamy with the faintest fruitiness to it, and I enjoyed sipping at it very slowly. In fact, I sipped at it so slowly that I still had a third of the cup left by the time it was ice cold – and it was still amazing! Seriously, I could see a bunch of tea dust in the bottom of the mug, but yet it did not go bitter. That’s impressive to me.

So I like this as a nice, straight forward and smooth Caramel Black option but I don’t think I’d need this in any kind of quantity because there are always more available black caramel teas that taste pretty well as good as this does. Definitely wouldn’t turn down a cup of it if offered though! This blend was smooth!

Flavors: Caramel, Cream, Vanilla

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada