drank Orange Blossom by DAVIDsTEA

Got a 10g sample of this today at DT; I passed on it a few weeks ago because I wasn’t sold on the smell, but my tea twin VariaTEA really liked it and for some reason it smelled more appealing today so I walked away with a little to try.

I have to say it is decently good; the rooibos is present in a way which is not unpleasant but not forgettable either – you taste it with each sip but for me it works. But non red rooibos lovers probably want to stay clear of this one. The orange was pretty juicy and the currants faintly present, but the vanilla bean is really the shining ingredient here. It really ties the whole thing together and makes this more calming and soothing. Pretty close to a Creamsicle. As much as I think you can get with a rooibos base.

Overall I thought this was really similar to Tea Desire’s Magical Rooibos blend but much creamier and thicker and without the weird soapy taste. Of the two this is definitely the one I would pick if given the option; but I wouldn’t stock either in quantity honestly. I still have one more cup of this and I think I’ll enjoy it, but I don’t know for sure whether this will make reappearances in my cupboard. Perhaps if the right mood strikes when I’m picking stuff up in store I’d get it again in small sample size amounts like the 10g I picked up today.

I can definitely see why VariaTEA likes this one though.

Flavors: Black Currant, Cream, Orange, Vanilla, Wood

VariaTEA

I like this cold brewed/iced best.

Comments

VariaTEA

I like this cold brewed/iced best.

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada