Haven’t had this one in a long time but I thought with a 4:30PM to 1:00AM (although we finished an hour early…) shift it’d probably be a good idea to bring a mate to get me through it. I’ve had all my other mate blends more recently so this one jumped out at me more so than the others.

I’m glad I made it again; it reminded me just how tasty this one is which is good because I was starting to think of it as something that would be a pain to finish off and now I remember that I don’t want it finished off! I want this one stocked! It’s delicious! This is why I should drink older blends more often; when I neglect things I forget just how good they are!

Basically it was like a rich, slightly earthy cup of hot chocolate with a shot of raspberry syrup in it: indulgent and divine! I’m so happy I’m at a point in my cupboard where I feel comfortable revisiting old favourites (although with the recent arrival of the SSTTB that might take a back seat for a short while). Mmm Chocolate Rocket!

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Raspberry

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada