Sipdown (150/155)!

Thank you 221Tea for the sample! It’s been a while (well, a few weeks maybe?) since I’ve had a hot cuppa Genmaitcha and man was it good to have one! I needed that sweet cup of roasty, toasty goodness!

This one was definitely very pretty to look at; dry the brown rice was all a brilliant bright green from the matcha it was coated in, and steeped up the liquor was a slightly cloudy green as well! I wish I’d made it in my clear glass mug so I could have looked at it better. It was perdy.

Taste wise, this was pretty straight forward: vegetal green and toasty rice. It leaned a little more towards the toasty side which did surprise me a little considering the matcha in the mix. I was braced for something a little more vegetal.

Flavors: Roasted, Seaweed, Vegetal

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada