drank Hot Tropic by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (149/156)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample. I likely would have been too stubborn to go and get some for myself otherwise (it’s the raisins, man!). What’d I do without you?

I’m only somewhat regretting cold brewing it all while I was sick: it was a little hard to get any nuances it may have had while I was heavily medicated at work today. What I did pick up on what some serious creamy vanilla coconut notes and buttery, tropical feeling apple/mango notes. And is there seriously no pineapple in this!? How can you market it as a “Pina Colada” tea when there’s no pineapple? That seems really, really wrong to me.

But it was good. I may need to pick up a small sample again some time when I’m not sick so I can get a proper taste of it, because I feel like I missed out on things I should have picked up, like cinnamon or star anise.

Reserving my rating until I’ve tried it not sick. Pretty sure I still like Tropicalia a lot more though…

I was worried about the raisins but thought they weren’t too present thus figured it was worth sending you a small sample to force you to try it out :P

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada