drank Hot Tropic by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown (149/156)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample. I likely would have been too stubborn to go and get some for myself otherwise (it’s the raisins, man!). What’d I do without you?

I’m only somewhat regretting cold brewing it all while I was sick: it was a little hard to get any nuances it may have had while I was heavily medicated at work today. What I did pick up on what some serious creamy vanilla coconut notes and buttery, tropical feeling apple/mango notes. And is there seriously no pineapple in this!? How can you market it as a “Pina Colada” tea when there’s no pineapple? That seems really, really wrong to me.

But it was good. I may need to pick up a small sample again some time when I’m not sick so I can get a proper taste of it, because I feel like I missed out on things I should have picked up, like cinnamon or star anise.

Reserving my rating until I’ve tried it not sick. Pretty sure I still like Tropicalia a lot more though…

VariaTEA

I was worried about the raisins but thought they weren’t too present thus figured it was worth sending you a small sample to force you to try it out :P

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada