Sipdown (144/151)!

Thank you Dexter for the sample! This one is definitely interesting. I wonder how the blender decided on the flavours for this one given that Veritaserum is supposed to have no flavour or smell?

I actually taste the raspberry in this very clearly which says a lot to me because with Adagio blends I find that a fair amount of the time the flavours are muddled because of lots going on with the blends. As for the other flavours in this, I think the black base is very heavy, bold, and brisk and as for the chocolate it’s definitely more of a dark chocolate with a bit of bitterness to it. I really don’t mind the bitterness though because it’s definitely more something I’m associating with the chocolate than oversteeping the tea or anything like that.

On the whole, this wasn’t so bad and I really did like that rich raspberry flavour (with the bitter dark chocolate it was almost like a raspberry truffle). Would I order it? No – but I’d absolutely drink it again if I had the chance.

Yeah, definitely not what I’d have expected for this particular magic potion but it was ok!

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada