Sipdown (142/149)!

Ugh, damn you Tre for distracting me with conversation! I mean, good conversation but still! I wanted to actually cook myself supper tonight and not just microwave shit, and I wanted to enjoy several cups of tea, and now it’s 2AM and I feel like having caffeinated things at this time of night would not be wise even though I start work late again tomorrow…

I had this one during the day though! I made the last little bit in my timolino and added some milk to it. It was a nice send of: the tea was really smooth and creamy with silky butterscotch notes and lighter but still present banana notes. The 52Teas black base, which has its own really distinct flavour, was present but in a way that just fit everything really well and wasn’t too distracting. No bitterness or astringency.

So all in all this was a really nice way to finish this one off. I’m not too heart broken to see it go though; I burned through a lot of it, and I kind of feel like it was reaching the point where the taste was starting to diminish. It was from my very first 52Teas order though which, fair enough, was less than a year ago – but still, not super fresh (and I kept it in Frank’s packaging too, which has the clear window – so I feel like that “aged” it quicker too).

Also, since this might be my last tasting note for the night I want to thank everyone who PMed me following my remarks on my most recent Kiwi’s Big Adventure tasting note – everyone’s opinions/thoughts and personal experiences were quite varied, and all good things to keep in mind and take into consideration.

I still don’t know how I feel about things or how Tyrell does completely, and it’s something that I really feel like we’re going to have to talk about in person and not just through text – but now I have a lot more of an idea on how to go about that.

I’ll say it again, as I have many times before: The Steepster community is an amazing one! It’s incredible and breathtaking how great you all are in regard to not only tea knowledge but life knowledge, and allowing people to open up about their personal lives to people who really, honestly give a damn. Personally I wouldn’t have had anyone in my “Real Life” to talk to about that, so it means a lot to have people here that I can confide in.

Hear hear!

Hear hear!

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada