Sipdown (141/148)!

Thanks VariaTEA and by extension Amariel for the small sample. I have to say, I’m really not sure how I feel about this one though. Taste wise I’m getting some really weird stuff from it.

I definitely pick up on a vegetal roastyness characteristic of a Houjicha, but on top of that is a really intense metallic taste and zero caramel notes. I also really vaguely, under all the metallic taste, get a sort of coffee like flavour which I have seen a few people mention in tasting notes so maybe I’m not totally crazy.

But overall I’m not really enjoying this one.

Flavors: Coffee, Metallic, Roasted, Toasty

i still need to try this one… and also, i AM catching up to you..slowly!

VariaTEA

I didn’t get caramel either. I was hoping for much more than what I got with this :(

Roswell Strange

I’m running out of sample sizes to sipdown ;) Soon I’ll just have stuff in quantity.

Comments

i still need to try this one… and also, i AM catching up to you..slowly!

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada