Started this cold brew in the morning when I got up, and strained it out about an hour ago to drink while watching Big Brother!

It was ok; at first I found it very, very floral and concentrated in flavour – but after making it about 1/4 of the way through the mason jar I found that I’d gotten over the initial shock of the concentrated rose notes and I was able to enjoy the sweet, candy like taste of the cherry, guava, and cocoa. Mostly the cherry/guava, though.

Ultimately it was ok but I dislike that I had to “acclimate” to it, so I’ll probably be sticking with hot brews going forward.

Flavors: Cherry, Floral, Guava, Perfume, Rose

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada