drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

I’m so happy I included more of this in my last Butiki order! I woke up with a craving for it this afternoon (yes, woke up in the afternoon…) and put it off for most of the day because I’d set aside other teas to get through – but finally this evening a made up a cup and it’s so good!

It’s rich and creamy, and it still baffles me this is a white tea because it’s got so much in common with all my favourite blacks like the strong honey and baked bread notes. I remember mentioning this back when I first had this one, but it reminds me so strongly of Easter Buns! Sweet Bread with a sugary, creamy glaze/icing and fruit (we also got ones with currants, because I despite raisins). Mmm!

Also, I’m just realizing now that when I say “Easter Bun” I’m meaning a Hot Cross Bun, which we called Easter Buns in my house growing up because my Mom only bought them around Easter. So sorry for any confusion.

Such a lovely medley of flavours! Mmm, so many flavours!

Sadly my cup went cold before I finished it: I’m “painting” my nails – in quotations because I’m using those nail design strips for the first time. We got a small shipment in at work and I thought the price was really reasonable ($2) to give them a shot since I saw a pattern I really liked. I’m not going to lie; the appeal was totally that I immediately made a tea connection and thought it’d look super cute with my Keep Calm and Drink Tea T-Shirt. Whoops.

This isn’t my hand or anything, but this is the pattern I went with: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kYjgSj07-6k/UbOoZvLwMiI/AAAAAAAAAEo/NhPXOKKcd5k/s640/blogger-image-1947788371.jpg

They were actually so much easier to apply then I thought they’d be, and I’m really happy with how they look!

Anyway, long story short my tea went cold. Still delicious, though!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cream, Fruity, Hay, Honey, Sugar, Sweet

Cheri

those are absolutely awesome!!! I kind of want some now.

Cheri

(And by those and some, I mean those nail design thingies. but I wouldn’t mind some of that tea, too.)

Cameron B.

This tea sounds so good! I’ve had a couple of blacks tea that remind me of white teas and loved them, so I think I’d love the reverse too! :)

Comments

Cheri

those are absolutely awesome!!! I kind of want some now.

Cameron B.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada