Sipdown (134/141)!

This is officially the last of the Magic Potion teas that Dexter so kindly and thoughtfully sent to me. And although I didn’t delibretly put this one off for last, I guess it kinda makes sense why I subconsciously chose the others over this one: it’s so freaking spice heavy! Damn Chai.

Yeah, I steeped it up and really as soon as the water hit the leaves I knew so much that I wouldn’t like this one, and damn was I right. It’s a mess. Really, it truly is.

It’s composed of three chai blends and between the three there’s just so much spice and then so much “extra stuff” that should be making each chai special that all that extra crap is too thinly stretched to even compare with the abundance of nasty spice. It was like a cup of hot, concentrated ginger/cinnamon vomit with a pinch of lemon grass. Everything else was really lost/muddled. Vanilla? Nope. Chocolate? Hell nah.

Just… Ew.

But I’ll give it some props: Polyjuice is supposed to be extremely complicated and disgusting tasting, and this blend met those qualities. So ten points to Gryffindor for the accuracy in that regard. It goes without saying this wasn’t for me though.

Happy it’s gone.

Flavors: Spices

mj

Ha! “10 points to Gryffindor for accuracy”

Lynxiebrat

Well it’s only supposed to be disgusting tasting if your drinking the ‘essence’ of someone evil. lol…Harry Potter geek too

Cheri

Yep, the 10 points made me laugh.

Comments

mj

Ha! “10 points to Gryffindor for accuracy”

Lynxiebrat

Cheri

Yep, the 10 points made me laugh.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada