drank Pineapple Oolong by Lupicia

Thanks to Dexter for the sample!

This was a hot cup (but I’ve since finished it off as a cold brew, note to be posted later tonight) and I thought it was pretty good. The oolong was really present and very green/floral but that worked well with the ripe, juicy taste of the pineapple. There was a distracting element that took me a while to place but I finally nailed it: butter.

Yup, that’s right. There was a very, very strong butter flavour (like the kind you put on your popcorn) that kept creeping up into my sips, and that detracted from the overall taste for me. While I enjoyed this, I have to say I do think I like Butiki’s Flowery Pineapple Oolong better; the pineapple is juicier and there’s no weird butter thing going on.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Floral, Pineapple, Vegetal

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

cathy-zheng

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!

Comments

boychik

It wasn’t strong pineapple for me

cathy-zheng

I didn’t love the butter thing either!

Roswell Strange

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who got the weird butter thing!

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada