Sipdown (139/146)!

Had a nice sleep and then woke up with some tasty poptarts, so now I guess back to backlogged tasting notes! I have probably a few hours worth of writing left to go, but I’m happy to do it!

This was a cold brew and I have to say that overall it was definitely a step up from the hot cup. On the whole I was kinda reminded of cinnamon nut bread or cinnamon sugar cookies; obviously the cinnamon was really present, and the nut too (but in a lesser way than the spice). I could tell it was walnut from the almost maple-y sweetness it gave off. There was some generic fruitiness too; but nothing distinct or even close to “Tropical”. Yeah, I guess overall I’m not impressed with this blend so I’m totally happy to have it out of my cupboard.

Side Story, on the day I drank this/wrote my notes for this my package from the lovely Courtney arrived in the mail (I’ve since tried every tea she included) and Tre had the day off and he spontaneously went into house cleaning mode which he never does, and I’m still not sure what prompted it.

He asked me to buy those giant “up to your elbow” gloves from work though so he could clean the toilet, and we only sell highly “feminine” ones at the store (seriously; all various shades of pink with rhinestones sewn into them and stupid sayings and stuff) – but I picked up a pair anyway. My phrase options were “Perfect Wife” or “Domestic Goddess” which seems so stupid and almost sexist to me. I went with Domestic Goddess in pastel pink. Tre was not impressed. But you know what? I’m not impressed with our highly sexist options at the store. Why is it assumed that the cleaning stuff is going to be used by women? That’s actually pretty demeaning.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nutty, Walnut

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada