Sipdown (138/145)!

So, thank you very much CelebriTEA for the sample from way back when in the 12 Days of Christmas tea swap. I honestly have NO CLUE why it took me so long to try this one, but it did and I feel terrible. If it makes you feel better though; I use the cute little hen pot holder pretty well every day. It’s on my table in my bedroom/the living room and it’s my go to coaster for hot cups of tea that I drink during the day or at night. It’s very, very well loved and used.

As for the tea itself; I don’t know how I feel about it. It was nice enough and I really don’t have anything negative to say about it – it just didn’t leave much of an impression overall and I think that, if it weren’t for the circumstances drinking it (having it for so long, and receiving it in the Christmas swap) it’d probably be relatively forgettable.

But anyway, I picked up on notes of lemon, licorice/anise, and caramel. Apparently there was lemon/caramel in this – but not licorice/anise. Hmm, weird. I didn’t really get much apple/cinnamon from the leaf – in fact, I didn’t get any apple and I guess maybe the cinnamon could have been misinterpreted as anise? Possibly. Black base was smooth; no bitterness or astringency. I feel like I should have loved this one; I just really only found it to be kinda decently good though.

Flavors: Anise, Caramel, Lemon, Licorice, Vanilla

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got three Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie and a monkey named Enzo. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada