Sipdown (138/145)!

OK SO SOMETIMES I AM A BAD TEA DRINKER AND I AM SORRY.

So, thank you very much CelebriTEA for the sample from way back when in the 12 Days of Christmas tea swap. I honestly have NO CLUE why it took me so long to try this one, but it did and I feel terrible. If it makes you feel better though; I use the cute little hen pot holder pretty well every day. It’s on my table in my bedroom/the living room and it’s my go to coaster for hot cups of tea that I drink during the day or at night. It’s very, very well loved and used.

As for the tea itself; I don’t know how I feel about it. It was nice enough and I really don’t have anything negative to say about it – it just didn’t leave much of an impression overall and I think that, if it weren’t for the circumstances drinking it (having it for so long, and receiving it in the Christmas swap) it’d probably be relatively forgettable.

But anyway, I picked up on notes of lemon, licorice/anise, and caramel. Apparently there was lemon/caramel in this – but not licorice/anise. Hmm, weird. I didn’t really get much apple/cinnamon from the leaf – in fact, I didn’t get any apple and I guess maybe the cinnamon could have been misinterpreted as anise? Possibly. Black base was smooth; no bitterness or astringency. I feel like I should have loved this one; I just really only found it to be kinda decently good though.

Flavors: Anise, Caramel, Lemon, Licorice, Vanilla

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada