Sipdown (132/139)!

I cheated. Oops.

I actually have/had two more teabags of this one, but they were really, really mangled and I’m pretty sick of this one so I decided it was better to just toss them out. I felt bad at first, but now not so much. Tonight this is really sweet but otherwise the “same ol’ same ’ol”. I guess that’s a nice enough way to part with this blend.

Anyway, it’ll be bedtime soon but I wanted to do one last round of teas and get a couple sipdown in, and satisfy some cravings I was having! I ended up pulling way more stuff from my closet/cupboard than I can possibly have tonight, so looks like I have a nearly overwhelming line up of choices to go through this weekend. Welp.

While drinking my evening/bed time teas I decided to update websites and stuff! So, now I have a new theme on Tumblr that links up to my Homestuck rewrites (does anyone here on Steepster read Homestuck? That’d be awesome!) and my new tea blog with an updated little blurb about myself since I retook the Homestuck title test (you can tell how I’ve changed in nearly a year because I went from being a Page of Hope to a Knight of Doom), and updated my Steepster profile picture and linked my Tumblr into my description! Hooray!

It’s weird because they were all really simple changes, but it feels like a really nice clean start. I didn’t realize I was stressed before and I’m still not sure what I was really stressed about, but after I finished updating everything I felt a huge release of tension. I guess I was holding on to past aspects of myself that are no longer accurate?

Lesson of the day: Sometimes change is really good.

Cheri

What is Homestuck? (obviously, I don’t read it, since I have no clue what it is.)

It’s good to hear you’ve released that stress you didn’t realize you had until it was gone. That makes for a better night’s sleep and a better tomorrow!

CHAroma

This note is cathartic. I’ve been holding onto stress like that and I can’t let it go. Maybe I should just give in and do all the stuff that I’ve been putting off for years…

Roswell Strange

Homestuck is a web comic! It’s very, very long. In fact, it’s the longest web comic ever written and the third longest piece of literature in the English language (and it is not complete yet).http://fictionalellie.tumblr.com/post/69658278317/so-homestuck-is-1-142-913-words-the-longest-book And here’s a link to the comic: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

Cheri

Interesting. I will have to spend some time with that and check it out.

Comments

Cheri

CHAroma

Roswell Strange

Cheri

Interesting. I will have to spend some time with that and check it out.

Growing up, the only tea I ever drank was bagged mint tea (especially peppermint), and mint still remains a staple flavour for me. Spearmint is my favourite. At this point in my ‘tea career’ I heavily lean towards flavoured blends; doesn’t matter if they’re fruity, chocolate, sweet, savory, etc. Blacks are my favourite as far as flavoured blends go, with whites a close second. I really enjoy everything but straight Greens though, but I’ll try anything once even if I am wary.

My favourite fruit flavours in blends are cranberry, banana, pear, lychee, melon, passion fruit and especially pineapple. I am also always excited to try anything with Saskatoon Berries, which are delicious and also my city’s namesake. I have a huge weakness towards toffee/caramel and coconut teas and a bit of a soft spot in regard to black licorice. I also adore anything creamy. I am always up for trying soda inspired blends as well because the concept fascinates me. I want to try all the Rootbeer teas! I am also currently trying to try as many Sweet Potato blends as possible.

Tastes I strongly dislike are ginger and raisins. Really, those are the only two things I intentionally avoid. I also have mixed feelings about peaches, mangoes, lemongrass, and chamomile.

In regard to straight teas, I haven’t been nearly as adventurous. I’ve yet to really explore any straight oolongs, except Milk Oolongs which weren’t really for me. In general, I really like straight black teas, especially when they have strong baked bread or malt notes. I like most straight whites, but I have a preference for silver needle teas over other types. Green teas, with the exception of Genmaicha and some Hojicha, make me feel a bit sick and I often can’t finish the cup. I can handle flavoured matcha like Red Leaf Tea sells – but straight matcha is a definite “no go”. I recently survived my first Pu’erh, and it was an alright, maybe borderline enjoyable, experience.

The ratio of cold brewed and hot tea I drink is about 50/50. As far as my cup sizes go, all my daily cold brews are done in a 25 oz. mason jar and my other mugs are 12 oz. with the exception of my Adeline infuser mug which is 16 oz. Unless otherwise specified, these are the cup sizes for all teas I review.

I prefer to drink my tea without adding anything to it, and 9/10 times that will be how I first try a blend. My belief is that milk, sugar or whatever else you add to your tea should be used to enhance an already good flavour: if the tea needs something added to it to taste good then it’s probably not good tea to begin with. The exception is Matcha; I always have my matcha whisked either into cold milk or club soda as “Matcha soda” depending on which way the flavour will be best suited. My roommate, Tre, has a very different philosophy in regard to tea, and that’s to always drown out his cup in sugar – even before tasting to see if it needs any. That’s why I don’t let him drink the good stuff ;)

The other important person in my life is my friend Robyn.

Some brief “IRL” interests: Clay/Sculpture (or visual arts in general), Improv, Mythology, Big Brother (USA and CA), and an absurdly large amount of TV shows – geeky or otherwise.

Saskatoon, SK, Canada