drank Coconut Grove by DAVIDsTEA

Where does the time go?

No really, where? It feels like it was 3PM and then I blinked and it was 8PM. What happened? Ugh.

Anyway, this cold brew was fantastic – but nothing significantly out of the usual so I don’t have much, if anything, to add. I’ve been toying with the idea of adding milk to a cold brewed version of this. Anyone done that? Thoughts? Maybe on just adding milk to cold brews in general? I’m pretty sure I’ve never added milk to cold brewed tea before…

mj

Could you just cold brew it in milk? Is that a thing?

Roswell Strange

That’s a good question. I don’t know…

OMGsrsly

I’ve cold brewed chai in almond milk before. Do it just like you would in water. :)

caile

I also was thinking today of what milk would be like in iced tea… I haven’t done it either, but I suppose I have drank tea with milk that has become cool from sitting which would be similar. I only have put milk in black tea though..
I’m sure this one would be tasty that way – you should give it a try.

caile

That cold brewed chai in almond milk sounds good!

OMGsrsly

Yeah, it was! One of the super cinnamony teavana ones, so it went really well. It was best after just a few hours though. I can see other teas needing more time for the flavours to come out.

Dexter

Cold steep chai really strong in WATER, and then added milk and sweetener to make iced chai latter – I’ve done the same thing with some coffee esqu teas (things like coffee mate and Davids coffee pu’erh) – iced coffee latte but tea. Cold steeped Special Dark with a touch of milk is FANTASTIC.
It’s your tea, if you think it would be good steeped IN milk, or drank with some milk added – I say go for it….

Comments

mj

Could you just cold brew it in milk? Is that a thing?

Roswell Strange

That’s a good question. I don’t know…

caile

I’m sure this one would be tasty that way – you should give it a try.

caile

That cold brewed chai in almond milk sounds good!

Dexter

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada