Technically I didn’t drink this one: I made a cup of this for Tre upon his request for “tea: any tea”. I selected it because I have lots of this to use up, and I know he really, really loves coconut so that’s become a default ingredient for me to rely on when making tea selection choices for him.

I honestly forgot, though, that he “demands” tablespoons of sugar in his tea and, really, I don’t know how I forgot because fuck that’s a lot of sugar, but I did. I guess because I honestly haven’t made him tea in a long tea: he’s been on a hot chocolate kick. So, no sugar in the cup of this for him. But you know what? He still loved it! He drank the whole cup and said he actually really liked it. So go me! I guess I know how to pick ’em.

Now I want to make this one sooner rather than later though; I could smell it so strongly the whole time he had it and it smelled so very damn ripe and juicy with this lovely coconut edge. Ugh; damn bagged teas making me want to take a break from loose leaf! NEVER.

Although, I have just finished off the last of my Sugar Plum Spice; I suppose I do need another bagged tea to work on for my next bagged tea sip down. This could be that tea…

mj

I have this tea and the idea and smell of it are always better than the actual taste. At least for me

mj

I want to get rid of it…just throwing that out there in case you are interested. No strings (financial or otherwise) attached

Roswell Strange

No no, that’s ok! I want to get rid of it too; hence why it was served to the roommate ;) Still, it’s a nice occasional treat for those rare times when I want something mango flavoured. That fruit and I are on weird terms :P

mj

Damn, you didn’t fall for it ;)

Comments

mj

Roswell Strange

mj

Damn, you didn’t fall for it ;)

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada