drank Mint Matcha by DAVIDsTEA

Iced Latte.

I was craving matcha, and chose this one to drink so I could share with a coworker who hadn’t tried this flavour yet. +1 for product knowledge, right?

I still don’t like this one – it’s got very weird undertones to it that remind me of coconut that’s gone “off”. I’m sure what I’m picking up is the coconut nectar that’s used in this as a sweetener. I don’t actually think it’s gone bad, mind you. I just don’t like it.

The flavour of the mint itself is good though, albeit a bit light for my tastes. I wish I could taste the “menthol” a bit more, if you know what I mean? RLT’s mint flavours of matcha always had that minty kick in the finish that felt like you’d just finished brushing your teeth, a bit.

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada