3708 Tasting Notes
Eating Swedish Fish and being reminded of my lovely European tea fren’ Anna!
- VERY sweet marzipan cherry nut flavour
- SO good; and rich! Affirmation that buying 3 oz. of this was a good thing!
- Roasty mate complimenting it; smooth
- Black tea creates a nice depth
- I think Adagio manages to capture nut flavour really well!
On the fandom side of things; I really want to get back (and “properly”) into WTNV. And by that, I mean I want to listen to more than the first three or four episodes of it.
Someone talk me out of eating all the Halloween candy. I bought so much of it, and it’s just sitting on my kitchen counted staring at me. This is my first year handing any out, and at this rate it’ll all be gone by the 31st…
And speaking of things that are gone – this tea!
- Molasses Pumpkin Cookie/Cake
- Vaguely reminded me of Coffee Cake (DT) or Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Della Terra)
- Same fruity glaze/brown sugar sweetness
- I think the common denominator between the three is the pineapple?
So overall this was good; not something to rush out and stock up on though. But if I make it to a DT before it goes away I may get another 20g or so. I never did get to try it with milk.
Sample comes from Starfevre.
This is a matcha that I certainly would not have ordered from the site – but that sorta makes it the perfect one to receive a sample of; something that pushes my comfort level without making a commitment to it.
I made it in milk which was a weird concept for me; last time I had a berry matcha was Acai and I was definitely too chicken shit to do it in matcha on its own (though I did do it AND cheesecake). This wasn’t terrible though; just weird. The Boysenberry flavour definitely came out, but there was also a somewhat strong chalky/mineral flavour that combined with the berry reminded me of chewable children’s vitamins.
Hmm; gonna try something different next time – just not sure what.
Flavors: Berry, Mineral
- Super cravings for this one!
- No Maple even though my tin is now stocked with the new maple blend
- Still wonderful though; buttery popcorn!
- Though if you think about it you can separate the apple from the butter
- And then you get to experience both flavours!
- This new tin worth has SO MUCH popcorn compared to my last tin
- I did it again where I wasn’t paying attention and I just drank this
- I don’t remember what the flavours were like!
- Vaguely remember chocolate/orange in the initial sip
- But feel like I might just be grasping at straws here and not accurately recollecting
- And now I’m out and sad… Ugh.
- At least it can’t be bad; I’d remember that.
Tre brought his FWB home, again (like the sixth day in a row) – and how he’s showering while she sits in his room and eats my Halloween candy. Why.
But yeah; this was a cold brew and it too, just like my most recent hot cup, was all raspberries and cream. Gonna have to try adding milk next time to see if that makes it richer. I think it would…
Cold Brew. The last one from my “sample spree” to try.
- Strong molasses/pumpkin notes
- Black base pretty present
- Not much fruit; tastes familiar though?
I wish I could taste the fruit more strongly; I really love both currants and pineapple but neither were distinct to me at all. For something with subtle molasses in it, I sure did pick it up quite a bit…
Firstly, I’m dying right now. I opened up Tumblr and this was the first thing on my dashboard. http://kraftworkorange.tumblr.com/post/100112444150
I spat out my cold brew I was laughing so hard. But this tea…
This one I spat out for a far different reason. After really hating the cold brew, I decided to try it hot – but still didn’t have high expectations at all. Cold just seemed like a naturally good route and since that was a fail, hot being good was a bleak outcome.
When I took my first sip, the two words that came immediately to mind were rancid and vomit. To me, this is just nasty, unsweetened and extremely tart hibiscus/orange and then mud. And not good mud. Like, filthy smelly mud.
I got down a few sips but then had to give up and really thoroughly clean out my timolino to purge the smell/scent. And I feel guilty, because I definitely passed on the rest of my sample to some poor unfortunate tea drinker instead of throwing it out like my gut told me to.
However, the fact I have read a few good reviews on this makes me feel a little less terrible for passing my sample along to someone else.