2037 Tasting Notes
This was my zen during a terribly work day. We had two of our main employees quit within the same wee; Ruby (one of our main stockers) and Billi (our main cashier) because they were being treated disrespectfully by our manager Carole. That left us cripplingly understaffed (and led to my 50 hour work week). I had stress headaches every day, for hours at a time. We’ve now hired like seven more people though; so we’re well staffed now. All is good.
This cold brew was very coconut/banana/pineapple strong. Actually, this is the first time I personally tasted the pineapple, which others have described experiencing. And I really appreciated the flavour contribution. I do love me some pineapple.
I sure am glad I’m making good sipdown progress, ’cause I still have a swap with Marzipan and my Secret Pumpkin on the way still, as well as a probably huge package from VariaTEA and I think TeaAve Oolong samples (anyone heard whether these have shipped?)…
So to finish off my 20g sample of this one, I turned it into tea syrup using a Simple Syrup recipe, and then I floated it in club soda to make a tea soda – which I enjoyed sipping on while getting ready for work in the morning.
- Decided to try this one because the CB reminded me of gingerale
- Very sweet; actually relatively gingerale like
- Pear very supple, fresh and “breezy”
- I definitely want to restock this one
So next time I free up a tin this is what’s going to be filling it.
And back to backlog… So much backlog.
My last set of days off I was making such good process in clearing out my queue, but then I got called into work to cover my coworker’s shift because she was feeling super sick. It sucked, ‘cause I hadn’t had a day off in ages – but we were so understaffed that I was literally the only person who could come in and fill the shift. So I did. Even though I originally said no; I changed my mind because my sick coworker has covered for me so much in the past, and I felt like a huge dick. But man; another five hour shift on top of a 45 hour week. And then Thanksgiving weekend happened (happy belated Turkey Day fellow Canadians!) and that made me not so tasting note focused. But here we are!
This time around I added milk to my cup. Here are the notes I recorded:
- Still reminds me of Gingerbread ‘cause of the spices and molasses flavour
- White chocolate still escaping me a little but the milk helps make this richer
- Thick mouthfeel
- Nice pumpkin flavour
- Tastes “confectionery” and I feel like I’m getting cheesecake crumb/bottom
- Just not the actual cheesecake
- Not gonna restock in bulk but may get another 20g or so
If I manage to make it into a store before this one is gone, I definitely plan to try it as a latte. I think it’s well suited to that.
- Still very impressed with this, although the ginger was slightly more noticeable
- With the sweetness & hydration from the pear I was reminded of Ginger Ale
- Not as floral, though it wasn’t SUPER floral hot anyway
- I think this is really helping me get over my ginger fear!
- And the base was a little more noticeable as a cold brew
This isn’t aging too well, thankfully I’m almost out of my original 100g. Might just dump it all out anyway though if the next two cups or so turn out bad too.
This one really highlights my growth as a tea drinker though; this used to be my “definition” of a good black dessert tea. Not the case any more.
Flavors: Dark Chocolate