Woke up this morning to dense fog blanketing the apartment complex and much of San Diego, I surmise. But, (never thought I’d be saying this, especially after living seven years in San Francisco/Daly City) I kind of like it. I guess, when you live somewhere outside of San Diego that actually HAS weather, you start to appreciate a change in climes.

Decided to brew up/finish off the last bit of Yunnan Golden Silk today. It makes me sad to see the bottom of the bag, but at least I know a trip to the tea shop is in my immediate future. Anyway, the tea leaf itself appears luxurious – you can see the down on the leaves…and they’re gold, man. GOLD. The leaves smell earthy, savory, and kind of like tobacco. I brewed up the tea at just under boiling this time and the liquor of the tea was a deep, dark chocolate brown. Its taste is congruent with its aroma. It is not heavy bodied, rather easy to drink actually and has a bit of a peppery bite. It also tastes a bit sweet/malty and finishes round, fresh, and with a tiny bit of astringency.