drank White Christmas by Harney & Sons

I know St Patty’s day is a little late for Christmas tea but I wanted something I hadn’t had in a while. This is a pleasant tea. It aroma when first brewed is pleasantly vanilla with more of the almond and camomile scents coming later. My water was just below boiling and I forgot about it for about 10 min but it wasn’t bitter. This isn’t a strongly flavored tea or very complex. I added some sugar and it was a nice cup of tea but nothing super great.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Grew up in Texas, lived and worked in Australia and New Zealand for a year. Now I am back stateside and living in Oregon. I drink most any kind of tea but blacks are my favorites.

“Tea is the taste of my land: it is bitter and warm, strong, and sharp with memory. It tastes of longing. It tastes of the distance between where you are and where you come from. Also it vanishes—the taste of it vanishes from your tongue while your lips are still hot from the cup. It disappears, like plantations stretching up into the mist.” Little Bee (Chris Cleave)

Brookings, OR