Well, I should’ve known better since I really don’t like spiced teas (chai, etc.) but gingerbread sounded yummy and Christmas-y and it seemed like a lot of people like it. I double-bagged per other Steepster peeps’ recommendations, but it was just a super strong mouthful of spices, I didn’t get any creaminess or sweetness at all. Took a few sips & poured it down the drain.

I probably won’t give this another try since I think it’s just flavors I don’t really care for. Apparently I haven’t had very much gingerbread in my lifetime? Tried a ginger snap yesterday and didn’t really care for it, I guess my tastebuds were expecting something more like pumpkin spice, which I absolutely love. So if anyone knows of a good caffeine-free pumpkin spice tea or tisane, please let me know!

Starfevre

I hate ‘spiced’ teas too but then I don’t like the spices involved generally (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom). Good luck.

Comments

Starfevre

I’m 33 and happily married to my high school sweetheart for almost 14 years now. Due to some continuing health issues, I’m now trying my hand at being a housewife (1 year down, so far so good). I’m also in a constant battle to reduce my level of perfectionism and general OCD-ness :)

I’ve been actively involved in my church (Faith Baptist) ever since we moved to Tacoma when I was a teenager, and I especially love working with the youth ministry each week.

I spend an obscene amount of time reading and researching topics I’m interested in, and I have a tendency to lurk much more than I comment, but I’m thrilled to be a part of the Steepster community! As for teas, I don’t handle caffeine well so it’s herbals/tisanes or decaf for me. And I just can’t seem to develop an appreciation for chais or other spiced teas. I’m also trying to avoid sugar and other sweeteners. And I can’t stand anything that tastes like licorice.

Tacoma, WA