Catching up on previous cups.
I headed into Teavana on a whim while I was at the mall and decided to look for something to replace hot chocolate for the winter because I don’t handle sugar well and I’m low-carbing. I really like this! I normally prefer milk chocolate to white chocolate, but the white chocolate goes really well with the peppermint and to me it’s a good balance of minty and sweet, though I could do without the oily film it gets on top from the melted chocolate.

Now that I’ve gotten samples of tea from other companies though, I kinda hate the big chunks of “stuff” in this one… I feel like it makes the ounces add up quickly but then doesn’t make very much? Will have to pay more attention to how many cups I get out of it next time. I’ll probably always have a soft spot for this since it’s the one that got me started on my tea journey!

I’m 33 and happily married to my high school sweetheart for almost 14 years now. Due to some continuing health issues, I’m now trying my hand at being a housewife (1 year down, so far so good). I’m also in a constant battle to reduce my level of perfectionism and general OCD-ness :)

I’ve been actively involved in my church (Faith Baptist) ever since we moved to Tacoma when I was a teenager, and I especially love working with the youth ministry each week.

I spend an obscene amount of time reading and researching topics I’m interested in, and I have a tendency to lurk much more than I comment, but I’m thrilled to be a part of the Steepster community! As for teas, I don’t handle caffeine well so it’s herbals/tisanes or decaf for me. And I just can’t seem to develop an appreciation for chais or other spiced teas. I’m also trying to avoid sugar and other sweeteners. And I can’t stand anything that tastes like licorice.

Tacoma, WA