drank Peppermint Patty by Butiki Teas

Ok this one makes me sad. How can I not like it? I’m supposed to like it. I’m supposed to LOVE it, it came so highly recommended! Maybe I did something wrong? I didn’t get any chocolate taste, though there were plenty of chocolate chips. It didn’t seem like the boiling water melted them at all. Maybe I should’ve stirred it? In any case, all I got was a very… green? earthy?… something I didn’t like, with some cooling peppermint at the end of each sip. Definitely not a peppermint patty in my cup. I ended up pouring it out :(
I’ll definitely give it another shot though… it gets so many rave reviews I feel bad for not liking it! Will try stirring next time to see if that helps bring out the chocolate. I’m open to suggestions!

MissB

You need to overleaf this one; so 1.5 tsp per 8oz cup. Does that help at all?

Sarah

Good to know, I’ll give it a try that way and report back!

Comments

MissB

You need to overleaf this one; so 1.5 tsp per 8oz cup. Does that help at all?

Sarah

Good to know, I’ll give it a try that way and report back!

I’m 33 and happily married to my high school sweetheart for almost 14 years now. Due to some continuing health issues, I’m now trying my hand at being a housewife (1 year down, so far so good). I’m also in a constant battle to reduce my level of perfectionism and general OCD-ness :)

I’ve been actively involved in my church (Faith Baptist) ever since we moved to Tacoma when I was a teenager, and I especially love working with the youth ministry each week.

I spend an obscene amount of time reading and researching topics I’m interested in, and I have a tendency to lurk much more than I comment, but I’m thrilled to be a part of the Steepster community! As for teas, I don’t handle caffeine well so it’s herbals/tisanes or decaf for me. And I just can’t seem to develop an appreciation for chais or other spiced teas. I’m also trying to avoid sugar and other sweeteners. And I can’t stand anything that tastes like licorice.

Tacoma, WA